Saturday, March 29, 2014

I'm Back!

Well…long time no blog over here for me. To say the past couple of months have been crazy would be an understatement! Between school being much more demanding than expected this semester (10 hours in an experimental foods lab + 12 hours of other classes), moving through the entire job search process (searching, applying, tailoring resumes & cover letters, career fairs, prepping for interviews, & finally actually having interviews), working a part time job, & babysitting occasionally it has been a crazy time. But, I am so happy to say that I have FINALLY secured a job after graduation & I will be packing up and moving to Atlanta! To say I am excited is an understatement. I knew the company was where I wanted to be after my interviews & how personable each employee was as well as how comfortable & calm I felt through the whole process. I guess you just know when you know :). I have always planned to move out of Athens after college, but I was never certain it would actually happen or that I would finally have my chance to move to a big city, which is what I have always wanted.

So, securing a job has taken a whole lot of pressure off of me & school is actually slowing down for a couple of weeks so I am thankful to have a little free time to work on other things I have been planning for a while..including some posts. I had some fun & exciting things going on the past couple of months & I have wanted to post recaps of those, so look for them in the coming weeks. I am also going to do a post on my job search process & some tips I have for those looking to find a position after college.


Sorry for being so MIA for so long, but I am happy to finally have a chance to do some catching up!


No comments:

Post a Comment