Monday, March 31, 2014

Feeling 22

I turned the big 22 last month! I know most people say that 22 is not an exciting birthday, but personally I enjoyed celebrating my 22nd much more than my 21st, but that’s just me :).


My birthday was on a Thursday and it just so happened I also had two tests on that day. I came home from studying late Wednesday night & walked in to find this:

(real life messy apartment going on here)

Lana & Ben had gone above & beyond and made the first hour of my birthday so special. I may or may not have teared up (#alwaysemotional). So, after enjoying a couple chocolate chip cookies & I went on to bed surprisingly without opening any gifts (Lana was asleep & I didn’t want to open anything without her..willpower I tell ya).

Thursday morning was a whirlwind of cramming for tests & enjoying sweet birthday messages. After I finished my exams, I went to lunch with my mom and grandparents which was a nice treat. For dinner, we made a homemade meal of stuffed bell peppers, opened birthday presents & finished the night off with the new episode of Scandal!

Friday I headed to the mall to do a little birthday & early spring break shopping for myself. 


& these babies were bought with some birthday money I had received. I have been searching for a while for the perfect pair of plastic frames & these were the winner!

Saturday was spent marking off #15 of my 101 in 1001 list. 


 Ben & I went to Chateau Elan for a wine tour & tasting. It was so much fun & I actually learned a whole lot more about wine than I expected to. We were also able to try out a lot of kinds we had never had before & even brought a couple of bottles home. It was a memorable experience & such a thoughtful birthday surprise.


Saturday night we went out with some friends to celebrate my birthday & Kris’s birthday because we were born so close together. Funny story—our parents actually met in Lamaze classes before we were born & we have seriously been lifelong friends since before birth!


On Sunday all of the girls went to brunch for Kris’s birthday. It was much needed after our night out!



I spent the rest of the day studying for a midterm, preparing for an interview, & enjoying the warm weather we were blessed with for one short day.

All in all it was one of my best birthdays yet & I so enjoyed getting to celebrate with so many of my friends. Twenty-two has been a wonderful year so far for me & I cannot wait to see what else is in store!

1 comment: